Friday, October 27, 2006

Well, it's Friday night and the MEAP test is over for Algonquin this year. Sixth and eighth grade students had eleven days of testing. The seventh grade had nine days of testing. Now we wait for scores.
Most students seemed to care about how they did on the tests. Unfortunately we haven't learned how to have everyone care. I watched one student finish his math portion in less than five minutes. This is the part of NCLB I have concern with. Even if all students master the State objectives, if all students don't try on the MEAP we can't reach 100%.
I do like State testing so I have a measure on how we are doing compared to other schools. What I don't like is the time it takes from instruction. Maybe the future will bring a more time efficient test.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home